RFPs and RFQs
Request for Qualifications – 2045 Long Range Transportation Plan
The Ames Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (AAMPO) is requesting a statement of qualifications from experienced firms regarding an update to the Long-Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) for the Ames Metropolitan area. Consultant services will be selected using a two-part RFQ-RFP process. Approximately four (4) firms will then be selected to continue to the proposal and interview stage. All submitting teams will be notified within 14 days of the deadline of the result of their statement of qualifications.
The Ames Area Metropolitan Planning Organization is seeking consultant services to develop the Federally mandated long range transportation plan, which shall be approved by October of 2020 by the Transportation Policy Committee. This plan will reflect a 25-year planning horizon (2045). A budget of $500,000 is available for services of this multi-year project for completing all aspects of the plan update. Qualified teams should demonstrate the ability and capacity to produce the following major project objectives:
- - Long Range Plan complies with all regulatory requirements of the FAST-Act
- - Planning process includes public engagement on a variety of transportation topics
- - Statistically significant transportation community survey of the mpo region
- - Presentation of topics with a coherent visual language of the planning process and goals
- - Regional travel demand model using Iowa Standardized Model Structure (ISMS)
The selection criteria for the RFQ are as follows:
- - Project Understanding (20%)
- - Planning Team & Key Personnel (20%)
- - Previous Experience (15%)
- - Understanding of the Ames region (20%)
- - Ability to Perform Work (15%)
- - References (10%)
Firms wanting to submit for this project should be able to provide all required transportation planning services in-house or by teaming with other firms that are listed in their submittal. The Iowa DOT along with AAMPO staff will perform the bulk of the modeling; however, each firm should have staff that has experience in travel demand modeling using v.8 of Caliper software TransCAD.
Qualifications shall be submitted electronically, in pdf format, to Tony Filippini, AICP at [email protected] by 5:00 pm CST on January 24, 2019 in order to be considered. Submissions are limited to 30 single-side pages.
Information about this request is provided on the Ames Area MPO website at http://www.aampo.org. Questions regarding this Request for Qualifications are to be submitted online through the Ames Area MPO website and questions will be accepted up through close-of-business January 14, 2019. Responses to questions will be posted at the same site through the duration of the RFQ period.