2014 APA Upper Midwest Conference, Making Places Great: Embracing the Past and Staging the Future
Registration for the 2014 Upper Midwest Regional APA Conference hosted by APA Iowa is now open! This exciting conference will be held in Mason City, Iowa, on Wednesday, October 22 – Friday, October 24, 2014. The registration packet, available here, is full of exciting details, including a full conference schedule, but here is a quick synopsis:
- Keynote Speakers: We are pleased to headline the conference with three phenomenal keynote speakers, Scott Siepker, the Iowa Nice Guy on Wednesday afternoon, Ron Sims at Thursday Lunch and Paul Trombino at Friday’s lunch. You won’t want to miss any of these inspirational speakers!
- Reception: On Thursday evening, you can take in the breathtaking renovation of the Historic Park Inn at the conference reception.
- New Professionals: A number of sessions geared toward students and new professionals will be available, including the opportunity to be matched with a conference mentor!
- Progressive Dinner: On Wednesday evening you can enjoy a taste of Mason City featuring a progressive dinner with stops at three local restaurants.
- Mobile Tours: Including a Downtown Mason City walking tour, Clear Lake Surf District Tour and a Charles City tour.
- Session Tracks: Three session tracks are being planned regarding planning in practice, health, and transportation.
Online registration for the conference is available by clicking this link https://www.planning.org/store/product/?ProductCode=EVENT_IA14. Get your registration in now, the deadline for registrations prior to the conference is Wednesday, October 15th.
VISIT MASON CITY: For more about Mason City and what it has to offer guests, visit www.visitmasoncity.com.
Please click here for information about our new Mentor Match Program!
If you need lodging, here is a list of hotels in Mason City:
Located in downtown Mason City (walking distance to Music Man Square)
Decker House Bed & Breakfast (5 rooms total – no rooms reserved) $99.00; $115.00
119 2nd St SE; 641-423-4700
Located a short drive away:
Holiday Inn Express (15 king/15 queen rooms reserved until 10/1) $99.99
3041 4th St SW; 641-424-5596
Country Inn & Suites (12 king/18 (2) queen rooms reserved until 10/1) $92.99; $95.99
4082 4th St SW; 641-423-1770
Hope to see you in Mason City!
2014 Upper Midwest Planning Conference Sponsorship:
Thank you for Sponsoring the 2014 APA Iowa Annual Conference!